In this video we will be teaching children how to draw a close up version of a dragon’s head.
We will be working in pencil and sketching an outline, followed by using some water based paints to add colour and finally adding detail in pen.
What you will need:
- Drawing pencil
- Pencil sharpener ( or a sharp pencil!)
- To colour:
- Water based paints, or felt tips or colouring pencils
Possible background reading:
- Dragon’s dinner – Susannah Corbett
- Dragon Keeper – Carole Wilkinson
- Pete’s Dragon
- How to Train Your Dragon
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
What else you could do after this painting:
- Draw a list of your dragons favourite things to eat.
- Create a border around the edge of your painting and fill it with patterns, use pen to add detail to your painting.